BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Bucknell senior Daniela Bellini earned the Patriot League Women’s Tennis Player of the Week when the League office announced the awards on Tuesday. In addition, Bucknell sophomore Harrison Gold was named the men’s tennis player of the week.
Boston University junior Erica Di Battista and sophomore Jonah Dickson, Lehigh senior Zack Elliott and Navy senior Kacey Moore were placed on the honorable mention list.
Patriot League Men’s Player of the Week
Harrison Gold, Bucknell, So., Aventura, Fla./Score at the Top Academy
* Gold turned in a 4-0 weekend, winning twice at both No. 1 singles and No. 1 doubles in team victories over Colgate and Boston University.
* Gold’s come-from-behind win over Colgate’s Jack Selati (3-6, 6-3, 6-3) provided the match-clinching point in Bucknell’s 5-2 win. The sophomore also recorded a straight-set win against BU’s Dion Loutas (6-3, 6-3).
* Gold and teammate Nick Mueller earned wins over Colgate’s Selati and Nate Romig (6-3) and Boston U’s Adrian Pawlowski and Johann Sajonz (6-2).
Patriot League Women’s Player of the Week
Daniela Bellini, Bucknell, Sr., Tierra Verde, Fla./St. Petersburg Catholic
* Bellini went 2-0 at first singles and 2-0 at first doubles with partner Whitney King to lead the Bison to a 2-0 weekend against Lehigh (6-1) and Colgate (4-0).
* In singles action, Bellini defeated Lehigh’s Hamsa Javagal (6-1, 6-3) and Colgate’s Addie Eklund by a score of 6-0, 6-4.
* Bellini and King earned wins over Lehigh’s Javagal and Junmoke James (6-0) and Colgate’s Eklund and Jordan Ben-Shmuel (6-2). Bellini and King are 19-3 in No. 1 overall doubles play this season.
Erica Di Battista, Boston University, Jr., Montreal, Que./Academie Les Estacades
* Di Battista went 2-0 in No. 2 singles with wins over UConn’s Aleksandra Karamyshev (6-1, 3-6, 10-8) and Holy Cross’ Ahana Nagarkatti (6-1, 6-3). She also recorded a 6-3 doubles win on court one with her teammate Emily Kim over the Huskies.
Jonah Dickson, Boston University, So., Pacific Palisades, Calif./Harvard Westlake
* Dickson defeated Colgate’s Jack Selati on court one (6-2, 6-3) while he and Dion Loutas posted a 7-5 triumph over Nick Potter and Rohan Gupta in No. 1 doubles.
Zack Elliott, Lehigh, Sr., Willowbrook, Ill./Hinsdale
* Elliott defeated Navy’s Derrick Thompson, 7-6 (3), 4-6, 11-9, on Saturday to give Thompson his first career singles loss in League play. On Sunday, Elliott defeated Lafayette’s Arman Ganchi 6-3, 6-1 on court one.
Kacey Moore, Navy, Sr., Wellington, Fla./Wellington
* The senior clinched the fourth and deciding point at the No. 2 singles in a straight-set win (6-1, 7-5) over Army’s Caroline Vincent in the team’s 4-1 victory. Before her singles’ victory, Moore teamed up with Samantha Johns to win the No. 3 doubles match (6-4) over Paola Bou and Sophie McKenzie.
1.25 – Jillian Taggart, Navy
2.1 – Cooper Jackson, Army West Point
2.8 – Kaitlin Tan, Boston University
2.15 – Whitney King, Bucknell
2.22 – Addie Eklund, Colgate
2.29 – Hamsa Javagal, Lehigh
3.8 – Meghana Komarraju, Navy
3.15 – Shelly Yaloz, Boston University
3.22 – Junmoke James, Lehigh
3.29 – Addie Eklund, Colgate
3.29 – Junmoke James, Lehigh
1.25 – Derrick Thompson, Navy
2.1 – Michael Owen, Bucknell
2.8 – Zack Elliott, Lehigh
2.15 – AJ Woodman, Army West Point
2.22 – Gavin Segraves, Navy
2.29 – Jack Selati, Colgate
3.8 – Tim Zelikovsky, Bucknell
3.15 – Sasha Panyan, Navy
3.22 – Zack Elliott, Lehigh
3.29 – Arman Ganchi, Lafayette
ABOUT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE
The Patriot League is in its fourth decade of academic and athletic achievement, continually demonstrating that student-athletes can excel at both academics and athletics without sacrificing high standards. The Patriot League’s athletic success is achieved while its member institutions remain committed to its founding principle of admitting and graduating student-athletes that are academically representative of their class. Participation in athletics at Patriot League institutions is viewed as an important component of a well-rounded education.