PROVIDENCE, RI – The Brown Bears (5-1, 0-0 Ivy League) return to the friendly confines of Goldberger Family Field and open Ivy League play against the Yale Bulldogs (4-2, 0-0 Ivy League) on Friday (Sept. 23) before welcoming the Sacred Heart Pioneers (0-6, 0-0 NEC) to College Hill on Sunday (Sept. 25).
Friday’s game is scheduled to begin at 4 pm while Sunday’s game is slated to begin at 1 pm Both games will stream on ESPN+ with live stats through BrownBears.com.
SCOUTING THE BEARS
- Brown enters the weekend with a 5-1 overall record after opening the 2022 campaign with five straight wins.
- Lindsey Ross leads the team with seven assists and ranks second on the team with nine points. Ross is third in the NCAA with 1.17 assists per game. Sophomore Mikayla Walsh ranks second on the team with five assists and tied for 11th in the NCAA with 0.83 assists per game.
- Freshman Lexi Pellegrino leads the Bears with five goals in six games. The Westwood, Massachusetts native is tied for 20th in the NCAA with 0.83 goals per game. Pellegrino ranks fourth in the NCAA among freshmen.
- Jodie Brine has started all six games between the pipes for Brown and holds a .737 save percentage and 1.63 goals against average. Brine’s save percentage ranks 26th in the NCAA.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Yale enters Friday’s Ivy opener with a 4-2 overall record after opening the season with a 2-1 loss at Wagner and most recently falling 3-0 at UAlbany. Between the losses are wins over Hofstra, Sacred Heart, Drexel, and Colgate.
- Ellie Barlow and Lily Ramsey lead Yale with two goals apiece. Five other Bulldogs have one goal to rank third on the team. Alissa Wong has two assists to lead the team.
- Luanna Summer has started all six games in goal for Yale. She holds a .727 save percentage and a 1.50 goals against average.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Saturday’s Ivy League opener marks the 48th meeting between the Bears and Bulldogs in series history. Yale holds a 25-18-4 record in the series, which dates back to 1973.
- Brown held a 1-0 lead over Yale at halftime in last year’s meeting before a pair of second half goals from the Bulldogs lifted Yale to the win.
SCOUTING THE PIONEERS
- Sacred Heart enters the weekend with an 0-6 overall record. The Pioneers have dropped games to Syracuse, Vermont, Georgetown, Yale, Dartmouth, and Lehigh. The Pioneers have been outscored 22-6 through the first six games.
- Emma Brayford leads SHU with three goals through six games. Mira Poelzer is second on the team with four points.
- Samantha Maresca has made six starts in goal for Sacred Heart. The sophomore holds a .588 save percentage and a 4.42 goals against average.
INSIDE THE SERIES
- Sunday marks the 17th meeting between the Bears and Pioneers in a series dating back to 1998. Brown holds an 11-5 overall record against the Pioneers.
- Brown won the first six meetings of the series before Sacred Heart won four straight. Brown looks to win his second straight over Sacred Heart and his sixth win in the last seven meetings.
BROWN UNIVERSITY SPORTS FOUNDATION
The Brown University Sports Foundation (BUSF) is the lifeblood of the athletics program, and exists to enhance the student-athlete experience through philanthropic support from alumni, parents, fans and friends. A gift through the Sports Foundation makes an immediate impact on today’s Brown Bears and helps them to be their best in the classroom, in competition and most importantly in the community. To learn more about supporting the Bears, please click here.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
For the latest on Brown Athletics, please follow
@BrownU_Bears on Twitter, @BrownU_Bears on Instagram, like BrownUBears on Facebook and subscribe to the Brown Athletics YouTube channel.