The Tolchards Devon Cricket League is looking to appoint a new Results Secretary to join the current team of four, with the new applicant ideally taking up the post prior to the start of the 2023 season.
The primary role of the Results Secretary is to ensure the club enters the match results and scorecards onto the PlayCricket portal before the deadlines stipulated in the DCL Playing Regulations.
The Results Secretary is then responsible for ensuring:
- The right points have been awarded
- The scorecards are complete with the full names of all players, runs, fall of wickets, bowlers’ figures etc.
- There are no Unregistered Players and that the Emergency Player Scheme and Loan Player Scheme have been implemented correctly
- The Regulations governing Category 2 and 3 players have not been breached.
While the position is perfect for a cricket enthusiast, the DCL does offer the possibility of a small financial reward for the service and the major workload will be during the cricket season (May – August) and should amount to around three hours per week.
The role requires the following attributes:
- Good IT skills with access to a computer/laptop and the internet
- Knowledge of the Play Cricket system
- Knowledge of how to score, both electronically and on paper
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and an eye for accuracy
- Ability to work to a timescale to adhere to the various deadlines set out in the Regulations
- Good communication skills, both by email and phone, to deal with clubs and give them help when required
- Willingness to be part of a team
The DCL comprises 70 clubs entering 156 teams, with the Premier, A and B Division played across the County. Divisions C through to G are regionalized (East and West).
For further information and/or to express an interest in the position please contact the DCL Secretary, Dave Sheppard at [email protected]; 01805 623824; 07596 457149. The initial closing date is February 30.