The 2023 NFL Draft is only a couple of months away, as it will take place in Kansas City at the end of April.
When the first round begins, plenty of SEC athletes are sure to hear their names called in the first 31 picks (the first round is normally 32 picks, but the Miami Dolphins had to forfeit theirs).
NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah released his first mock draft of the 2023 cycle this week and he had a dozen SEC standouts going in Round 1, including as the first 4 picks overall:
- no 1 — Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia — Chicago Bears
- no 2 — Bryce Young, QB, Alabama — Houston Texans
- no 3 — Will Anderson Jr., Edge, Ala. — Arizona Cardinals
- no 4 — Will Levis, QB, Kentucky — Indianapolis Colts
- no 13 — Broderick Jones, OL, Georgia — New York Jets
- no 14 — Brian Branch, DB, Alabama — New England Patriots
- no 15 — Nolan Smith, Edge, Ga. — Green Bay Packers
- no 17 — O’Cyrus Torrence, OL, Florida — Pittsburgh Steelers
- no 19 — Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State — Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- no 22 — Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida — Baltimore Ravens
- no 27 — Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia — Cincinnati Bengals
- no 28 — BJ Ojulari, Edge, LSU — Denver Broncos
Who will improve their stock as the NFL Combine and Pro Days get underway? We’ll find out over the next few weeks!