Albacete will welcome Racing Santander to Estadio Carlos Belmonte in the Spanish Segunda Division on Saturday (November 26).
The hosts are coming off an embarrassing 4-0 defeat at Granada at the weekend. Flavien Boyomo’s early red card meant Alaves had to play with a man short for over 80 minutes. Granada couldn’t capitalize on their numerical advantage until the 53rd minute when former Real Madrid man Jose Callejon broke the deadlock.
Ricard Sanchez and Bryan Zaragoza also scored before a late Antonio Cristian own goal saw Girona claim a comfortable win. Alvaro Perez also received his marching orders for the visitors.
Santander, meanwhile, fell to a 1–0 home defeat against Burgos CF. Curro scored the winner midway through the second half, while Sekou Gassama missed a first-half penalty for the hosts.
The loss saw Los racinguistas drop to 15th in the standings, having garnered 18 points from 16 games. Albacete is 12th with 22 points.
Albacete vs Racing Santander Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- The two teams have been evenly split across their last 18 games, with six wins for either team and as many draws.
- Their most recent meeting in June 2020 saw Albacete claim a 2-1 away win e-route to Santander’s relegation.
- Both teams have drawn four of their last six games in regulation time.
- Five of Albacete’s last six home games have produced two or fewer goals.
- Three of the last four head-to-head games have seen at least one team fail to score.
Albacete vs Racing Santander Prediction
Racing has been relatively consistent since gaining an instant return to the second division. The Cantabria outfit have shown a penchant for draws, drawing four straight games before alternating between a win and a loss.
Just four points separate Racing from their Albacete, while two points separate them from the relegation zone.
The game is likely to be played at a slow tempo with neither team likely to commit too many men forward. The spoils could be shared in a low-scoring stalemate.
forecast: Albacete 1-1 Racing Santander
Albacete vs Racing Santander Betting Tips
Tip 1 – Result: Draw
Tip 2 – Both teams to score
Tip 3 – Under 2.5 goals
Tip 4 – Under 9.5 corners