Good morning, neighbors. It’s Saturday in Franklin and I’m back in your inbox with everything you need to know about what’s happening locally. I’ll get right to it.
📣 Our readers love to celebrate good news! You can now shout out your big announcement at the top of the Franklin Daily newsletter. Whether it’s a grand opening, new product for sale, birthday, anniversary, engagement, wedding or new baby, let everyone celebrate alongside you! Submit your announcement here.
Now, today’s weather:
A heavy thunderstorm in the afternoon High: 88 Low: 72.
🏡 Attention, real estate pros in Franklin! We’re now offering an exclusive sponsorship opportunity for an agent interested in attracting local clients and standing apart from the competition. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories today in Franklin:
- The Chukkers for Charity Polo Match is set for Saturday, Sep. 10. This is the 26th annual match benefiting Rochelle Center and Saddle Up! This year’s theme is “Journey into the Wild.” There will be a new safari lounge with signature cocktails and interesting decor. The match will be held at Franklin’s Riverview Farm. (Williamson Source)
- A horse was rescued from a pool on Thursday in Williamson County. The Williamson County Rescue Squad responded to the residential pool after a call was placed by the horse’s owners. According to Dr. Chang with the Tennessee Equine Hospital, the horse named Tonto would not exit the pool on his own and received minor injuries during the incident. (Williamson Home Page)
- According to the Williamson County Public Schools Superintendent, the district is dealing with growing student numbers. Superintendent Jason Golden reports that the district has had an influx of students from other areas as the county’s population continues to rise. Apparently, many of the new students need to catch up with the district’s curriculum. (Williamson Home Page)
Today in Franklin:
- Williamson County Writer’s Group At Williamson County Public Library (10:00 AM)
From my notebook:
- Patch has compiled a list of the latest adoption-ready pets in the Franklin area searching for a forever home. Click to view the complete list. (Franklin Patch)
- Are you curious about recent property transactions in Franklin? Click for the full list of transactions from Jul. 11 through Jul. 15. (Williamson Source)
- Visit Franklin celebrates Franklin being listed on Travel + Leisure’s list of the 50 best places to travel to in 2022. Click for the full list. (Visit Franklin, TN via Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Saturday. I’ll see you around!
— Danielle Fallon-O’Leary
About me: Danielle Fallon-O’Leary is a senior writer with content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with community newsletter curation. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.